Families Helping Families Chicagoland
Categories: Education,Poverty & Hunger,Youth
Offers Opportunities Good For: Adults,Children Under 16,Families,Groups,Seniors
About Families Helping Families Chicagoland
We have a Facebook presence of over 3000 members.
We provide meaningful opportunities for families to support local families in need. We do this by holding events such as:
- Gift Wrapping Day (members come to ‘shop’ for presents at the holiday time and wrap them and draw a holiday card) – we helped over 150 children in the holidays in this way.
- Holiday gift Sponsorship – our members are asked to sponsor a child for the holidays (we helped over 300 children in this way in 2016).
- Movie event – members paid $10 to attend the Boss Baby movie and brought with them a pair of new pajamas to donate to Englewood.
- Used school supplies – we collect unwanted school supplies from North Shore schools and send those up to Waukegan.
- New School supplies – we ask members to donate new school supplies and then invite teachers from schools in low income areas to an event where they can help themselves to supplies they need.
Monthly birthdays – we ask our members every month to sponsor a foster child for their birthday.
We run monthly drives to collect items such as
- Thanksgiving food
- feminine sanitary items
- teddy bears for abused wives and children
We also help immediate needs and hold fundraisers for either money or goods in support of those needs.
We only accept new goods – we are run by volunteers and do not have the capacity to collect pre-owned items
Current Opportunities at Families Helping Families Chicagoland
Contact Nonprofit for Opportunities