The Winnetka Club is seeking a part-time Executive Director. Job description below. Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Winnetka Club. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to The Winnetka Club Board, with the President of the Board having direct authority.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading The Winnetka Club in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Club throughout the community.
- Oversees strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversees organization of Board and committee meetings.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Supports Board to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the expense budget of The Winnetka Club. Works with Finance Committee to create a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Works with the Board to be responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support The Winnetka Club’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of The Winnetka Club’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that The Winnetka Club can successfully fulfill its Mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of The Winnetka Club’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other non profit organizations and groups.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of The Winnetka Club’s operations.
- Responsible for working with Board President to sign all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Establishes administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Reviews contracts for services.
- Oversees marketing and other communications efforts.
And other duties as assigned by the Board and/or its President.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of The Winnetka Club’s strategic future to board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with Board or any staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Position is a Part-Time, Hourly (20 hours per week – except for summer months) 12 month contract. Hours will be reduced to 8-10 hours per week during summer months (June 15 through August 1) and the office is closed between Christmas Eve and Jan. 2. PTO (vacation and/or sick days) is non-paid and any request for PTO must be agreed upon by the Board President and the Board. The Executive Director will receive three paid holidays annually.
During times when additional hours may be required for programs or events, the regular hourly rate of pay will hold and agreement will be made between the Ex. Director and The Board President regarding any additional hours. Weekly hours over or under what is specified in this job description, must be approved prior to any change. Hours over the weekly amount may require documentation of the work done.
This is part time employee position. No benefits are offered as part of this position. TWC will pay required employment taxes as required by law and the Ex. Director will be required to complete a W-4 form.
The Winnetka Club
620 Lincoln Avenue
Winnetka IL 60093
Opportunity Good For: Adults
Categories: Education,Health & Wellness,Professional Development & Training,Women’s Issues